Trying to build links for your eCommerce site can be both difficult and frustrating. However, it can be rather simple once you have familiarized yourself with the strategies that actually work. Read on to learn about 5 eCommerce link building strategies.
1. Hold Contests
Contests are great for building links. Plus it helps to get the name of your ecommerce site out there. You can hold the contest on social media like Twitter for the person that answers a correct trivia question, or you can have it on your own website’s domain for someone that submits the best review of a product. Either way, you will be able to gain some links to your ecommerce site.
2. Make Good Use of Social Media Websites
By using social media sites like Facebook, YouTube, Twitter ect., you will be able to kill two birds with one stone. Meaning, you will be able to connect and interact with your customers, while benefiting from ecommerce link building. Although most of these links will be no-follow links, you will get clicks to your website and mentions in social media. Both important metrics in search algorithms.
3. Give Out Coupons
Coupons are one of the best methods for getting deep links for your ecommerce site. It will give your site a chance of being listed on one of the internet’s databases of coupons. Plus, new clients might give you a try because of the discounted price.
4. Release YouTube Videos
Creating and releasing videos that show off your products are a great way of building buzz. Besides helping you to build links to your website through including a link back to your site in the video description , it can also help generate sales. John Lawson of ColderICE posted a video of How to Fold A Bandana and was able to generate 10,000 sales of bandanas. You can do the same!
5. Post comments on blogs and forums
You can easily highlight your brand while gaining some links (typically no follow links) to your site by posting in related blogs and forums. Start by subscribing to as many industry blogs as you can find and then comment on those articles you find most interesting. However, it is important that your postings not be spam-like in nature.
Subscribe via Email
Connect with Me!
- Ecommerce Personalization Stats and Trends [Infographic] December 6, 2013
- Is Social Login Right For Ecommerce? December 4, 2013
- Our Fave Ecommerce Links: November 2013 December 2, 2013
- Black Friday & Cyber Monday Infographic Double Header November 29, 2013
- Home Page Usability: 5 Simple Rules for Rotating Banners November 27, 2013
- 10 interesting digital marketing statistics we've seen this week December 6, 2013
- Six ways to make the most of data feeds in affiliate marketing December 6, 2013
- How to achieve what QR codes promised, but couldn't deliver December 6, 2013
- Six innovative online advent calendars from brands December 6, 2013
- 10 excellent video-embedded landing pages December 5, 2013
- SEO: Leveraging Bing’s Pinterest Integration December 6, 2013
- Using AdWords’ Cost-per-acquisition Flexible Bidding December 5, 2013
- WordPress Accessibility Resources December 5, 2013
- Does Social Media Impact Ecommerce Sales? December 4, 2013
- 5 Ways Retailers Benefit from ‘Internet of Things’ December 4, 2013
- Top 5 Tips for Building a Business (& Other Questions) (FS031) December 6, 2013
- 5 Steps to Validate Your Business Idea in the Real World December 3, 2013
- The Future of Online Publishing: 4 Experts, 6 Principles (FS030) November 29, 2013
- Just Show Up November 26, 2013
- Launch Lessons: How To Launch Your Thing (& How We Did It) (FS029) November 22, 2013