A successful B2B company will use all the tools at its disposal to recruit new clients and tap into new markets. So it’s surprising when B2B companies with the proverbial good head on their shoulders voluntarily shy away from delving into eCommerce, because they should be doing just the opposite – embracing eCommerce as a way to invest in their business’s future. eCommerce is a powerful force that can help any B2B company drive sales, and here are 5 reasons why your B2B business will benefit from using it:
1. eCommerce sales are growing. Net eCommerce sales in the US have gone from $127 billion in 2007 to $165.4 billion in 2010. That’s a 30% increase, indicating major growth, and it shows no signs of slowing anytime soon. Growth of eCommerce sales means growth of your B2B business – but that will happen if and only if you’re engaged in eCommerce.
2. Clients want eCommerce. Using online portals to do business cuts costs and makes transactions much more efficient for your clients. They are demanding eCommerce for their business needs, and if your business can’t meet them, you’ll be left in the dust.
3. Other B2B companies are rushing to meet this growing need. They say if you can’t beat ‘em, join ‘em – but that’s not how it works in the business world. If you can’t beat them, you’re beat, plain and simple. Ignoring eCommerce means letting the competition pass your business by.
4. Increased online presence. Even if you’re not doing a ton of sales online at first, the more you engage in eCommerce efforts, the more your business will be visible on the internet, returning in search results on Google, Bing, and the like. Higher visibility means more future business for your company. Your business’s search engine rankings can be further helped by starting a business blog, and adding new content to your blog 3-5 times a week.
5. Investment in business future. You will find that updating your systems and getting everything online might take a lot of effort at first, but it will pay off in the long run and save you money. Add this point to the 4 before it, and you’ll realize that your B2B business can’t afford NOT to make the jump to eCommerce. So what are you waiting for? Start integrating eCommerce into your B2B business immediately, and soon you’ll be enjoying increased rate of growth of your business.
Subscribe via Email
Connect with Me!
- Optimization Testing Within Branding Constraints May 23, 2013
- Ten Conversion Testing Questions Answered May 20, 2013
- The Web Usage Habits of Europeans [Infographic] May 17, 2013
- Facebook Satire Reflects Real Attitudes About the Web May 15, 2013
- Why, Why Not and How to Use Facebook Log In May 13, 2013
- What the Future Holds for Business Blogging May 23, 2013
- Where Do Marketers Get Customers? [Data] May 23, 2013
- Twitter Introduces Lead Generation 'Cards' to Collect Leads From Tweets May 22, 2013
- 22% of Salespeople Don't Want to Make Money May 22, 2013
- A Chat With an Internet Addict Who Was Forced to Go Off the Grid May 22, 2013
- The essential small business website checklist May 23, 2013
- Mobile is almost as popular as desktop for travel research: report May 22, 2013
- Australia: Traditional retailers are heading online... and e-tailers are heading off May 21, 2013
- Digital Workshop: Building a World-Class Ecommerce Team May 21, 2013
- Six brands that have been busy experimenting with Google Hangouts May 21, 2013
- Google's Purchase Path Tool Helps Merchants View All Marketing Channels May 22, 2013
- Using Big Data to Prevent Ecommerce Fraud May 22, 2013
- Job Description: 'Startup Ecommerce Founder' May 21, 2013
- Lessons Learned: Fall of Communism Leads to Cheap Sheds’ Success May 21, 2013
- Good, Bad Email Design for Ecommerce Merchants May 21, 2013
- The Biggest Oversight In Online Video Today May 21, 2013
- What’s the biggest question you have about building an online business right now? May 16, 2013
- Vanity vs. Actionable Metrics: Are you tracking the right stats in your business? May 9, 2013
- What’s New at Fizzle and Why We Changed Our Pricing Model May 7, 2013
- Punch Fear in the Mouth May 2, 2013